Below are the general steps for the design process. Since each client’s needs are different, tasks may be adjusted to suit your particular needs.
Discovery is accomplished prior to submitting a proposal for website design. This process allows us to get to know your needs and give you an accurate quote.
- How many pages? (i.e. home, about, contact, product/service/other)
- What is the purpose of the site? Do you want to sell products or services, or do you want to provide information to potential customers?
- Do you own a registered domain name? (i.e. www.company.com)
- Do you have a web host?
Phase one and the subsequent phases only begin after the proposal is accepted, plus content gathered and delivered to us.
- If necessary, instruction will be given to the Client for acquiring a domain name, hosting account.
- Gathering/sending photos and text.
- If logo is needed, a mockup will be presented for consideration
- A layout with sample colors and styles will be presented for consideration.
- Changes can be requested and made to the logo and/or layout.
- Core page (home, about, contact, etc.) assigned within the site, and content and images added to the core pages.
- If graphics are needed, they will be constructed/designed during this phase.
- E-commerce sites only: Product photo optimization and product insertion will be accomplished.
- E-commerce sites only: Instruction will be given to Client for acquiring Merchant Account and SSL, if needed.
- Client may request minor changes to text/photos/graphics.
- Final design will be presented to Client for approval.
- E-commerce sites only: SSL and Merchant Account setup within shopping cart.
- Email accounts set up to specifications, if needed.
- Site is uploaded to the server.
- Client is allotted a set timeframe to request minor modifications.
- Client Packet of account summaries and instructions presented to Client.
The length of time in a design process is ultimately dependent on what the Client wishes to have included in the site. Each Design proposal has a timeframe provided in which we adhere to.